Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Story, Part 1

My Story, Part 1, 2, 3

I was born at Fort McPherson in Atlanta, Georgia. I grew up in a middle class family. My Dad was a postman and my Mother stayed at home. I had a brother Chuck, who was 2 years younger. We lived in the suburbs of Atlanta.

My Mother always told me I wasn't good enough. She was always comparing me to the other girls in the community. She called me "backward" a lot which I guess is true because I have always been an introvert.

My parents didn't drink and there was never any alcohol in the house.

As far as alcoholics in my extended family go I had one grandmother (Dad side) of the family and two grandfathers that drank to excess. My Father's brother was a big alcoholic as well as two uncles on my Mom's side as well as one of my Mother's sisters. I guess you can say I come by alcoholism naturally.

When I was 12 or 13 my grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. My relatives were celebrating with pink champagne. I got a glass. that was leftover and this was my first drink. I drank maybe three leftover cups and I got my first buzz.

My Story, Part 1, 2, 3

No comments: