Friday, August 17, 2007

Entering the Act Unit

I am now in the "ACT" unit of the jail. The "ACT" unit is a drug/alcohol treatment center in the jail. So now I not only have the rules of the jail to follow, but I also have the rules of the unit to follow.

I am not in the "ACT" program now. For eight weeks I have to be in the "Monarch" program.

Basically in Monarch you don't go to many groups & you have to stay in your room a lot.
After 3PM we get to usually spend a couple hours in the rec area.

In the rec area I ride the bike and walk. I try to ride the bike for at least an hour (broken down into (2) 30 minutes sessions or (3) 20 minute sessions.) Exercise has always calmed my nerves & I have been a little nervous lately.

There are 9 people on the unit (includes me.) 5 are in "ACT" & 4 are in "Monarch." It is a lot more quiet down here. We don't do shut downs too much. We have our own rooms or cells.

My biggest problem right now is I just can't fathom being here 7 or 8 more months. It is very overwhelming & I try to do this one day at a time but my mind keeps on thinking about all the time I have left. I am an emotional wreck.

No comments: