Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Looking out my window

Today I am really feeling like I'm not going to make it in here. My mind is still foggy from the alcohol and I know I need about 6 months of uninterrupted sobriety to stay sober when I get out. I'll probably have eight or nine months when I get out of here. That is a good amount of time to have under your belt. Still when I think of the time it seems so overwhelming.

Three people are about to leave and go home. So we have three new people in. One of them likes to read so we have been exchanging books.

I tried to call my cousin Robert, but he does not answer the phone. He hasn't come by for a visit since a week ago yesterday. He was going to Atlantic City the past weekend. I hope nothing is wrong.

I've been looking out the window a lot. I'm not keen on the summer months, the heat always bothers me but fall is coming and I like the fall. There really aren't any trees in my view so I won't get to see the changing of the weather. At least I'll be able to see the snow in the winter. Hopefully I will be out in February.

1 comment:

DC Discombobulated said...

Nancy.. i live in courthouse and walk past where you are daily! Keep up the writing.. very interesting reading!

-paul
www.dcdiscombobulated.blogspot.com