Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Friend April

Today is Saturday. I slept til 11 am. On Saturdays and Sundays we get to sleep in. Then we watch movies. This unit is so much better than General Population.

Today I learned how to play rummy. I found it to be pretty boring. I like poker better.

I started my canteen requests today. I have to stop ordering so much stuff. I ordered ramen noodles, a hair removal cream, and a comb. I also got a bag of pretzels and some oatmeal.

I walked for over an hour today with my new friend April. She is also in here on a DUI charge as well as a possession charge. She is a lesbian (as I am) and has a girlfriend she is desperately afraid will dump her - They met each other in jail and have been together for four years. The girlfriend Lisa has done three years in prison.

It scares me that most of the women here keep coming back to jail. We have 14 people in the community and only two of us have never been to jail. I think I will kill myself before I come back to jail.

Well its 6:30 pm and time to lock down.

No comments: