Sunday, July 22, 2007

Six Weeks

Well, here I am at the Arlington County jail. I have been here for six weeks now. It really doesn't seem that long in some ways but every day seems to last forever.

I am here cause I got my 3rd DUI in 5 years. I almost didn't pick up the charge because I only blew a .08. The possible sentence for this was 6 months to 5 years. I got a year. My sentence was a lot worse than my lawyer thought it should be. I have to admit to being shocked over it.

I thought they might send me to the penitentiary but the judge wants me to do a treatment program in the jail called ACT. (What it stands for I don't know). I might get out a little early if I complete the program. I've been told that if I don't complete the program I might do the extra two years that were suspended. I am scared I won't be able to complete the program cause of something I screw up & lately I have trouble completing things.

I stay in fear lately. My stomach stays in knots. I worry I won't be able to make it the year. (I contemplate suicide.) I worry about what life will be on the outside as a convicted felon. I usually wish I had killed myself before I came in here.

No comments: