Saturday, July 21, 2007

Alexa Rankings

Alexa has this ranking system that determines how popular a website is. Since I am at blogspot.com, I was initially raked 16th in popularity of all websites in world because that is where blogspot is. Then I installed this Alexa widget on the left of each page and began to have my own place in the world wide web.

So now today, Saturday, July 21, 2007 I am ranked at 1,882,058 of all websites in the world. I just need more people to visit my site for the statistics to shoot up higher. Looking at how Alexa works, while more people can give me a big jump in numbers, what will really help is if the existing visitors view multiple pages on my site. Right now Alexa claims the average visitor views 1.6 pages per visit. If I can get this to double, then my reach and rank will shoot up by 50%.

If I keep getting visitors I think I can move my rank up to the 500,000 range in the next few weeks. We'll see.

3 comments:

megan middleton said...

Hey Nancy. Its Megan. I had a source that you were on this site. Oh it was not Shannon.Anyway, I hope you are getting by as much as you can. I think of you often and always wonder how you are doing. I guess pretty crappy at the moment. Well, I am not sure if you can contact me or not but if so please do. I am here for you. Megan

Tina K said...

Just dropping by to say hi. I I'm working on creating my first blog roll tonight. Just added you. Take care.

Nancy said...

An update for August 18, 2007.
Alexa now has me ranked at 1,625,564 with 2.2 page views per user.