Friday, July 6, 2007

Four Weeks

Today, Friday makes four weeks that I have been in jail. One of the gretaest problems I face is the uncertainty of when I get out and what will happen to me then. I'm here for a DUI. It's my third one in less than five years.

My actual sentence is a year. But I think I can get out earlier. I don't really know. I was told that if I woudl complete an in jail substance abuse program, called ACT, I can see the judge again. Presumably that means I can get released earlier. The ACT program is four months.

After being here for four weeks I have not been interviewed to be in the ACT program. For the first two weeks or so my case worker kept telling me he had no paperwork to indicate I should go to ACT. Now at least they have found my card. But still no interview.

So far I have moved from the medical unit to the main women's unit. I've not been allowed to go to any classes or Bible studies. I've not been able to get my interview for ACT.

Maybe they will not ever let me out. I'm really worried.

No comments: