Monday, March 26, 2007

Hello, I'm Nancy. I'm an alchoholic

Welcome to my blog. I'm Nancy, and I'm an alchoholic. While I do go to AA, I'm probably either in an inpatient treatment program for my additiction, or in jail for my DUI. I've not been to sentencing in court, but since this is my third DUI, it does not bode well for me.

People ask me why I drink. I drink because I am an alchoholic. I drink because my body craves alchohol on a cellular level. I get drunk because I pick up a beer. To not get drunk, all I have to do is not pick up a beer. I don't drink because of you. It's not your fault.

I have a disease; like as if I had measles. People with measles get red bumps. Parents, friends, and associates don't cause the red bumps. Measles causes the red bumps. Alchoholics drink because alchoholism causes them to drink.

1 comment:

LaDonna said...

You do not have a disease. That is a cop out and one reason people like you never get "cured." You use it as an excuse to continue making poor choices. Alcoholism doesn't "make" you drink, your weak character makes you drink. Stop looking for a reason to blame your actions on and start taking responsibility for your own choices.